Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/shipwrec/public_html/templates/spsnl3/functions.php on line 197
Are you interested in:
- Learning more about shipwreck disasters in Newfoundland & Labradors past?
- Learning how to search the historical collections in our libraries, archives, museums and on the web to discover more about specific wrecks?
- Learning more about how divers can damage or preserve shipwrecks?
- Learning how to explore our coastline for shipwrecks using the latest technology?
- Learning how to survey, map and document known shipwreck sites?
- Learning about the archaeological methods used to investigate unidentified wrecks?
- Learning how to get involved in shipwreck projects to put your skills and energy to work?
- Learning more about the roles of ships and the sea in the history of our province?
- Learning more about how you can help protect the heritage of our shipwrecks?
- Raising public awareness about our province's shipwrecks and their history?
- Promoting our shipwrecks as cultural and recreational attractions to Newfoundlanders, Labradorians and visitors.
Our society offers these benefits to our members:
- presentations on shipwreck disasters, wreck diving, marine archaeology and nautical history
- training courses on underwater archaeology and wreck diving
- historical research workshops
- information on specific shipwrecks, their history and diving them
- projects involving historical research, underwater surveying, and shipwreck protection
- wreck diving trips
- certification under the Nautical Archaeology Society for divers and non-divers alike